AYSO United Arizona player named to 2020 High School All-American Watch List
One of our own AYSO United Arizona players has been named to the 2020 High School All-American Game watch list. Midfielder, Mia Blair is not only a super star soccer player, see her accolades below, she is also an All-Star student and active member of her community. She is currently Student Body President of her high school, Northland Prep, has a 4.0 GPA, is a member of the National Honor Society and actively involved in the community. In addition to all of the above, she’s served in Guatemala over the past two summers helping run soccer camps for underprivileged girls.
Just a few of Mia’s soccer accomplishments:
- 2019 National High School All American Award Winner
- Finalist for the 2020 High School All-American Game
- 4th in the nation for total points and 1st in the nation in total assists in 2019
- 3 straight Arizona state high school championships with a 61-1-0 record (2017-2019)
- Arizona 2A Conference State Player of the Year as a Freshman 2017 and Junior 2019 (injured most of her Sophomore year – returned at the end of the season to help lead her team in the playoffs)
- 2015 Arizona ODP Team West Regional Finalist (lost West Regional final 0-3 against Southern California)
- 2-time high school team captain (2019/2020)
- Game winning goal in 2019 Arizona state championship
- 3 goals and 5 assists in 2019 Arizona state semifinal game
Mia has an offer from Wheaton College (Illinois), a Top 10 Division III college, where Coach Pete Felske has won three national championships and is the fifth winningest NCAA coach of all-time. Coach Felske believes with Mia on their team next season, they will be competing for the National Championship.
We are so proud to call Mia one of our own and love to see her hard work be nationally recognized. We look forward to seeing what’s next for Mia as she continues her soccer career.
Mia, you make us proud on and off the field! Cheers to you!