The AYSO United Coach of the year program recognizes individuals who have gone above and beyond with their involvement with the club. AYSO United Coach of the year has consistently exceeded expectations in the delivery of the AYSO United club program and upholding our AYSO United Core Values.
AYSO United Core Values:
Coach in a positive and enthusiastic manner. Constantly praises effort over talent and ensures players receive positive feedback as well as areas to develop.
An AYSO United coach shows a commitment to their own personal development and ongoing coaching education. Continually observe and analyze players during practice and games to aid development.
An AYSO United Coach always gives 100% and is prepared to go above and beyond for the club. Focus on positive outcomes with the players and demonstrates leadership in adversity.
Develops clear reporting procedures for players and parents. Attend and be prompt to all training and match play events. Ensures the correct coaching kit is worn at both training and games. Maintains standards relating to players kit and equipment.
An AYSO United coach sets the example for sportsmanship when coaching games. Reinforces this behavior in training. Contributes to creating a positive club environment where all players are valued. Respects officials and does not challenge referee decisions.
Greets the players with an handshake and thanks players for their effort in training sessions and games. Recognizes the contribution of parents in the child’s development. Always demands 100% from themselves and the players and encourages players to celebrate success collectively as a team.
AYSO United Coach of the Year Process:
- Each Club will identify their coach of the year through active observation of training sessions and match play.
- The Club Administrator and Director of Coaching will select their coach of the year by November 19th. This will be an electronic submission with an opportunity to tell us about your coach.
- Club coach of the year will receive a New Balance Apparel pack in recognition of their impact on AYSO United.
- AYSO United National Technical Staff will identify National coach of the year who will be announced at the AYSO United Technical Workshop in January.
- National Coach of the year will receive an international coaching education experience.