AYSO United prioritizes the development of our coaches through ongoing training and support. The objective of our Coaching Education Program is to provide all AYSO United coaches with theoretical and practical knowledge aligned with modern coaching methodologies and our own identity framework.
U.S Soccer has established a comprehensive Coaching Education Program that aligns with AYSO’s established coaching curriculum. This offers our coaches the opportunity to develop their knowledge and expertise around delivering the soccer formats of 4v4, 7v7, 9v9 and 11v11, using age-appropriate game models.
US Soccer National 9v9 & 11v11 License (In-Person, 12U & 14U)
Course Information: AYSO United recommends all AYSO United Coaches obtain a minimum Grassroots 9v9 and 11v11 Course. You must attend both 9v9 & 11v11 In-Person Courses which consist of two 4-hour courses, providing instruction in grassroots coaching and teaching methodology.
Topics will include the Six Tasks of a US Soccer Coach Training Sessions:
- Leading the Team
- Managing the Performance Environment
- Coaching Games
- Leading the Player
Course Length: 4 hours for the 9v9 and 4 hours for the 11v11 (2 hours classroom, 2 hours field)
- Minimum Age: 16 years of age
- Step One: Create a coaching profile in the US Soccer Digital Coaching Center
- Step Two: Complete the US Soccer Introduction To Grassroots Coaching Module
- Step Four: Register for both 4-Hour 9v9 & 11v11 In-Person License Course (Must sign up for each separately)
Cost: $130, includes both 9v9 and 11v11 Licenses
Completion of the Grassroots courses will also qualify our AYSO United coaches to continue on the U.S. Soccer Licensing pathway and enrollment in U.S Soccer National “D” License and National “C” Courses. The chart below illustrates the accepted progression of license levels in coaching education:
Current “E” License holders must complete the following to register for a National “D” License
- Create a coaching profile in the U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center
- Complete the U.S. Soccer Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module
- Register for the National U.S. Soccer National “D” License on the DCC
For more information, contact AYSO United:
National Technical Director